Thursday, November 25, 2010

Crochet Table Runner

I recently made a crochet table runner that I think turned out rather nice.  I picked the blocks out from 200 Crochet blocks for blankets, throws, and afghans by Jan Eaton.  Its a great book.  I'd really recommend it if you like to crochet.  It has lots of patterns, but is flexible enough that you can do your own thing with it.  It has regular crochet blocks and blocks in the round.  I actually prefer working in the round . . . I make less mistakes for some reason.  I had having to pull stuff out and go back!  Anyway,  so I pick out a nice block and did it in two color combination, picked out and edge and then sewed it all together.
The whole thing = 1.5 ft (about)

Close up of the center square

Close up of the side square and edging.


In the end I think it was worth the hours I put into it.  There was a good amount of time involved.  Not a huge amount, but enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment