Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lilacs

I love lilacs.  First, they are one of the few flowers that don't make me sneeze . . . and actually have a smell.  They are also lovely.  Plus, they remind me of home (we have lots of lilacs where I live), but also my grandmother.  I recently lost my grandmother and I find they remind me even more of her now.  Bright purple and happy it is spring (No one loved purple more than my grandmother).  We checked out our house here in Edmonton, before any flowers were blooming, but I was pleasantly surprised with a bush in our front yard.  They make me smile every time I see them!
Pretty!

Close up of the individual flowers . . .

Nice sized bush!
Lilacs are not native to this side of the world, but you can see why people would travel with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment