Friday, June 18, 2010

I love it when people quote stuff I know . . . not so much when I don't know it . . .

I'm reading Lawrence M. Krauss' The Physics of Star Trek right now.  Its a fun book.  Lots of physics and lots of Star Trek.  I picked it up at my favorite local used bookstore The Wee Book Inn as I it seemed like finding it was fate.  I had just gotten a ticket to hear Dr. Krauss' lecture on the physics of Star Trek at the Physics conference being held at the U of A in September.  Back to the part of the book that made me excited.  It is kind of silly really but he had me at the quote that began chapter one:

"No matter where you go, there you are." - from a plaque on the starship Excelsior, in  Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country,  presumably borrowed from The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai. 

So I learned that first Star Trek writers quoted one of my all time favorite movies!  And then the book cited one of my favorite movies quoting one of my favorite movies!  Fun!  You should really watch The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment