Saturday, September 4, 2010

More Delicious Food from the T&T

I have two more foods to review from the T&T, my favorite Asian grocery story.  First, are a Taiwanese sweet biscuit that I got on sale one day.  They have some sort of malt sugar gooy filling.
About 3 inches across . . .

The pastry part is really really flaky, like crazy flaky and not very sweet at all.  The inside is pleasantly sweet, but not too sweet considering it is a sugar syrup.
It is in a bowl to contain the extreme flakiness
Overall, it was pleasant, but not amazing.  Probably wouldn't buy again unless it was on super sale again.  The box is kind of cool though.
Look Handles!

All ready to go!
I also got some Nutitious Pumpkin cerel by Vitamax on sale at the T&T.  Note that its in a cup, this is imporant as its more of a warm cereal breakfast drink than you know warm cereal. The package spends a lot of time telling me how good the product is for me and it could possibly be true.  I love pumpkin so I gave it a try.







Look its easy!
I started with a bowl as shown here though that proved to be a silly idea.  So, the instruction say to add about 2/3 of a cup of hot water to the instant cereal, which already has powered cream etc in it to make it a ready to go breakfast goody.  I microwaved the water and poured it in. I let it sit for a bit and gave it a good stir and realized it really should be in a cup as the instructions say.

Cup of "cereal"
I used all the water than was recommended, but when I use the next packet I may cut back on the water.  I will also probably make sure its at a good boil with my kettle.

In the end the taste was nice.  Good amount of sweetness not quit enough pumpkin.  Next time I may add some cinnamon to make it pop a bit.

The texture was really really strange.  I'm not sure if this was because my water wasn't quite hot enough or if its because I used too much water.  But, it was super thin and had chunks.  Weird.

Overall, not great, but I'll be able to finish the package.

1 comment:

  1. thanks Paula, there will be more weird food to come I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete