Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nobuta wo Produce

I thought I'd review another Jdrama that I really enjoyed  Nobuta wo Produce.  This is the story of a very shy (read that weird) girl named Kotani.  Two very different young men,  Kiritani and Kusano, take on the task of making her the most popular girl in school.  Unfortunately, while popular they are not very good at this.  Let the craziness ensue!

Despite the rather thin plot premise this is a pretty good drama.  I really enjoyed the characters and how they interacted with each other.  Despite each of their individual weirdness I feel they were all much more real than many drama characters.  The acting was also very good so they really felt like good friends.  Yamashita Tomohisa is particularly great in this!  He is really a pretty good character actor despite being so pretty. :) Unfortunately, this drama suffers from strange non-ending ending issues that plague many a show (at least from my Western perspective on endings).  I have no idea if the show ends like the book or not.  I've tried to find the book in English to no avail.

No comments:

Post a Comment