Thursday, March 3, 2011

JDrama: Boss

I just finished another great JDrama: Boss.  This drama skipped the line.  I had noticed it, but dismissed it.  After reading a review over at The Geek Within, I decided to give it a try - immediately (as instructed).  I was looking for something different, not to long, and fun (read as not emotionally draining).  Boss defiantly fit the bill.

First, the older cast was refreshing after gorging myself on mainly high school dramas.  Sometimes adults are good.  Boss is also kind of a CSI style procedural.  I do mean kind of its a procedural and there are dead bodies, but it doesn't take itself too seriously.  Its a funny show after all.  The cases are fun.  I usually figured they out way in advance, but I still enjoyed watching the team solve the case . . . I pretty much just enjoyed watching the team.

Amami Yuki is fantastic as the Boss.  In fact, she is the best part of the show in my opinion.  Intelligent, tough, and a bit ridiculous . . . I wonder if she reminds me of someone . . . All the side characters are fun.  And Bosses interactions with Nodate are great.  Its nice seeing old friends portrayed well on screen.  Anyway, its the characters that make the show.
Sorimachi Takashi (GTO) is a guest star!  \(^_^)/
Overall, I would highly recommend for drama lovers.  Particularly ones who get overwhelmed by teen angst and love triangles sometimes!  I look forward to watching the sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment