**Please note: Many of these movies are graphic, so check it out before you watch anything**
Top 20 Action Movies:
I love action movies of all kinds. Some of these have a plot and you know characters, while others . . . not so much. You need to embrace that about action movies, it is part o their charm!
20. Death Race (both) - campy with a silly premise, but great. That applies to both.
|100 points for the old lady . . .|
|Pick your favorite . . .|
19. Bird on a Wire - so fun!
|80s goodness . . . overlook the hair . . .|
18. The Gauntlet - the title pretty much tells you whats up. Will they make it?
|Clint is best.|
|Great poster art too . . . always focus on the guns . . .|
14. Payback - okay this one will make you think a bit too. It's like a smart action movie. I know crazy.
|Another great gun focused poster!|
13. The Defender - he's protecting a girl . . . so its okay.
|I love Jet Li! (yes, that is Morgan Freeman)|
11. Tango and Cash - a classic . . . it mostly holds up. I love the Jail Break!
|Sly and Kurt . . .|
10. Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - kind of complicated, but fun . . . even if you don't follow it.
|See critics like it too!|
9. Pulp Fiction - I love Quintin Tarintino he just so odd and it comes across in his brilliantly odd movies!
|The sound track is great too|
8. Grosse Pointe Blank - like I said a hitman who doesn't like to kill is a classic.
|Ignore the kind of pink background, its cool|
7. Lethal Weapon (anyone really) - A great series of classic buddy action movies . . . the first one is best of course.
|See their buddies and they fight crime . . .|
6. The Transporter - not much for plot, but a lot of good action (this is an action list, why are you asking about plot anyway?)
5. La Femme Nikita - weird french spy action movie! This on has a plot, so there.
|Poor little french waif . . .|
4. Hot Fuzz - so its a spoof of action movies . . . and it has good action . . .
|Look at all that fire! No burns though, action stars don't start on fire.|
3. Kill Bill 1 and 2 - kind of the perfect ode to old crappy marshal arts movies. With sword fights and gun fights too.
|This one has a swell soundtrack too!|
2. Die Hard (all of them) - my family watches the first one every Christmas (its a Christmas movie . . . for real, look at the soundtrack). It has a plot, but you don't have to think about it so don't worry.
|Yippy yi-yay . . .|
1. The Professional - this one is very touching and stressful, but good.
|Don't worry they don't make you look up his nose in the actual movie . . .|
Top 20 Sci Fi Movies:
Sci-fi movies really run the gauntlet from deep to just action in space. I like it all. Sci-Fi movies are my favorite! Many people think they don't like sci-fi, which is just silly. That is like saying you don't like movies (clearly you like being told a story or you wouldn't watch anything). There are drama sci-fi, comedy sci-fi, whatever sci-fi, you just need to look.
20. Transformers - silly and over the top and I love it.
|I am Optimus Prime|
19. Predator - just a great sci-fi monster movie, with great 80s action stars!
|Commandos vs Aliens!|
18. Cyborg - A classic Jean Claude VanDamme movie. Post-apocalypse period is a classic.
|Welcome to the GUN SHOW . . .|
17. Last Star Fighter - video games can improve your life! And get you the girl!
|Have skills will travel|
16. Signs - kind of an alien thriller . . .
|Never underestimate the power of tin foil!|
15. Starship Troopers - straight up action sci-fi (it is suppose to be a spoofy, so take it in stride)
|Fighting bugs to protect you!|
14. Inception - okay this on has great special effects, but also a great plot!
|Surreal, but not too surreal|
13. Tremors - a funny sci-fi monster movie!
|This movie is zero degrees from Kevin Bacon!|
12. Running Man - so bad and yet so good!
|Arnold's face can sell this movie by itself!|
11. Escape from New York - a true post-apocalyptic classic!
|Snake Plissken is the future . . .|
10. Star Trek (particularly Wrath of Khan) - a much cleaner future, where we kind of rule space . . .
|Ricardo Mantalban! Awesome!|
9. Star Wars (IV, V, VI) - Don't watch the new old trilogy. Stick with the originals. Westerns in Space!
|The shag survives and reaches space!|
8. Moon - no action, no aliens, just good plot!
|Sam Rockwell is amazing!|
7. Alien Nation - Mixing to of my favorites the buddy action movie and sci-fi!
|Aliens are just like you . . . with a funny egg head|
6. The Fifth Element - beautifully weird and french!
|I've tried to get my hair that color of orange but never succeeded|
5. Enemy Mine - a fantastic movie about prejudice and learning to love - in space with aliens!
|Dennis Quaid Rocks this movie!|
4. Alien - this is by far the scariest on the list. But, worth it. All of the series is worth watching, but none are as good as the first.
|Ripley is one tough lady|
3. Terminator (1 and 2 only) - Fantastic set! Sarah Conner has one of the best character arcs ever!
|Watch them both!|
2. Pitch Black - nicely dark, different, and filled with action. Visually awesome as well.
|Everyone is at least a bit afraid of the dark!|
1. Mad Max (all of them) - Just a classic set of post-apocalyptic movies. Lots of crazy punks and action.
|Don't worry roads survive . . .|
Top 20 Fantasy Movies (that's right I can split them):
I love fantasy stories, but I tend to read them more than watch them. Fantasy is just harder to do well on the big screen. I've made a good list though. Obviously I'd say that.
20. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - a slacker classic.
|Keanu Reeves appears to be able to act when playing people who are A) confused B) stupid C) Both|
19. Pan's Labyrinth - Creepy and odd and dark!
|The Plot is creepier than the poster looks!|
18. The Hobbit (animated) - a really good story and well told through animation.
|Hobbits are cute|
17. Red Sonja - campy and totally gratuitous and great.
16. Penelope - a whimsical story about a girl with a pig nose!
|Cute and bright!|
15. Ladyhawke - a quite movie about true love with lots of famous people.
|Nice Medieval fantasy|
14. Conan the Barbarian - Arnold makes a lot of list because they are all so campy and great.
|Personally, I like it when he just pushes the donkey wheel around and around . . .|
13. Dark Crystal - classic slightly creepy Jim Henson production.
|Just so cool looking|
12. Legend - a weird little fantasy movie.
|Fight the Devil!|
11. Dragonslayer - another good campy old fantasy. With dragons!
|You'll have to forgive the bad production value|
10. Lord of the Rings (the set) - great adaptations of the book. Lots of action and a good story.
|Fantastic production value!|
9. Stardust - a pretty good adaptation of the book.
|A really great story|
8. The Beastmaster - one of my favorites since childhood. I want a pet ferret.
|And a hawk and a panther . . .|
7. Labyrinth - A great one by Jim Henson productions. Bowie is great as Jareth!
|You remind me of the babe. What babe? The babe with the power. What power?|
6. Wizard of Oz (Wiz is good too, but kind of creepy) - A classic.
5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer- I don't care what Joss Whedon says I like this one better!
|The clothing is atrocious|
4. Dragonheart - I do like a good dragon movie.
|Sean Connery is a great Dragon!|
3. Princess Bride - a classic. Funny and delightful. I have a whole post about it.
|Hello, my name is . . .|
2. Ever After - a great fairy tale! Just a lot of fun.
|Princes can be kind of stupid . . .|
|Val Kilmer is great!|
So, this is the first set. More to come. Don't worry. I have a lot of favorite movies!