Monday, April 11, 2011

Hanna/Gone

Well, I'm going to be gone and computer-less for a week at a conference.  I did not prepare some blogs up ahead of time . . . oops.  So, there is going to be a delay.  I should have something up next Saturday.  :)



I just wanted to say a word about Hanna as well.  The movie was great.  Really interesting and beautiful to watch.  It is a quite sort of action movie, which I always enjoy.  The actors all did a fantastic job.  Saoirse Ronan does a fantastic job as the Fey little Hanna. I found Kate Blanchets accent to be a bit distracting, but other than that good. 



The movie has a real German feel to it to me.  I don't think the director is German, but it had surreal or hyper-real quality to it and a creepy whimsy that I generally associate with German movies.  Overall, I really enjoyed it.  If you like films like La Femme Nakita, Bourne Identity, or Run Lola Run you will probably like this.  If you like those you should also try The Princess and the Warrior (weird German movie for you).

No comments:

Post a Comment