Sunday, August 8, 2010

Electric Lawnmowers . . . Yeah I know

So, here at our apartment we have an electric lawnmower.  Which is ridiculous in my opinion and I had never seen such a thing before moving to Edmonton. Or grass got long so I decided to go figure out how the thing worked and give lawn cutting with electricity a try.  We have a really tiny lawn so if the experiment when wrong I wouldn't be stuck with it for too long.

First, I got the lawnmower out of the shed.  It is small.
Note the lack of a pull start
 The instructions for turning it on are funny as well.
Its upside down but it says pull lever out and press up to start (the second bit is in french)
So, I go around front and plug it in with its industrial length cord.  Ridiculous.  Our plug is at the top of our rather high steps so its a bit interesting.
Note the pile of cord
So, I mowed the lawn and the cord was annoying as I thought it would be.  Its like working with a vacuum.  I did not appreciate having to not run over the cord. But, in the end the grass did get cut. And I only got one mosquito bit which is amazing.  I usually get more than that walking to the train!
Note its actually difficult to take a picture of your dominant arm

No comments:

Post a Comment