Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dorayaki!

I love dorayaki and often get them from the T&T.  Looking at the internet I saw that they should be pretty easy to make. So, I looked up a few recipes and this blog is the result.  I followed a recipe at Food.com.  There were some changes.  I did use a full 1/2 cup of water before the batter went smooth (its dry here in Edmonton) and I used two tbs of honey.  Why you ask? Because I can't read.  Don't worry nothing bad happened.  I also used splenda instead of sugar and pre-made red bean.

First, I whisked up the eggs.  And then I added the honey and the splenda and whisked that in.
Just whipped eggs.
Then I sifted in the flour and baking powder.  Then you have to add in the water while you stir.  I had to use the 1/2 cup before I had smooth batter, but it did get nice and smooth. 
Eggs and flour and stuff.
Then I put some oil in the pan and made some thick little pancakes.  It went pretty quick.  I tried to make them as even as possible so I made two at a time.  I ended up with 10 pancakes and one baby pancake extra.  I then made the sandwiches by putting the red bean in the middle!
Pancakes in the pan . . .
Flipped pancakes . . .
Look at those pancakes . . .
Dorayaki!
They taste pretty good, not quite like the store bought ones, but very good.  I'd definitely makes this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment