Saturday, November 20, 2010

Heat . . . or the lack there of

The night before last, I came home around 8:30 as did my housemate after a long day out and about.  We normally keep the house cool but I thought, its kind of cool in here.  After half an hour and no heat kicking in we realized the heat must be out.  It was 9 but we called the landlord.  No heat is a dangerous thing when it -25 C outside . . . don't worry the house stayed at 9C for most of the night.  Anyway he opened and shut a couple of doors .  . . heat!  He left . . . he stopped.  We opened a couple of doors . . . heat!  We sat down heat stopped. :(  So, we texted the landlord that we needed the furnace fixed but that we would survive the night.
Getting in bed note the rabbit fur hat, wool sweater over another shirt, knit fleece lined mitten, and wool scarf . . .
Ready for sleeping, what you can't see are the fleece pants, wool hunting socks, the orange comforter is not mine, and the two throw blankets in the middle . . .
The next morning the landlord came back at 6:30 am . . . and the heat is on! When this woke me up I realized I was a bit warm and took off the scarf and glooves . . . had to leave the hat . . .  It got up to 10C in the house before I left and felt normal when I arrived home again at 1:30.  Apparently the air filter need to be changed and to make you do that the heat shuts off . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment