Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cooking Korean: Gaji namul

Gaji namul is a Korean Eggplant side dish.  Eggplant is one of my very favorite things, so I was super excited to try this recipe from Maangchi.com.  Its also super simple.  Watch the video to find out how to make it.



After that helpful video you should be ready to go.  I should note that my version is a touch different.  First, I made a smaller batch . . . because I only have two smallish Asian eggplants.  Also, when I went to make this I realized the green onion I saved for the meal was bad. Other than that I did what I was told and it was delicious.
Hand ripped eggpland

All mixed up

Lunch is served: Korean eggplant and rice and leftover Japanese pancake
 If you don't like the sliminess of eggplants this dish is probably not your thing the combo of the steamed eggplant and the sesame oil is a touch slimy. But, delicious if you like that sort of thing . . . and I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment