Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jdrama: Hanazakari no Kimitachi e

I just realized I've not yet reviewed Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (Hana Kimi).  This is one of my favorite jdramas.  It is just so cute!  Unlike most dramas the steady stream of side characters makes the show rather than detracting from it.
Class picture!
The story is simple.  Nice young girl (Ashiya Mizuki) pretends to be a nice young boy to inspire her childhood love (Sano Izumi) to return to high jump.  Yeah, I know that sounds thin, but it works.  The plot does not really get old.  I must say that the main story is not my favorite part.  Rather the interaction of all the characters as a whole and Ikuta Toma as Nakatsu Shuichi in particular.
Isn't he cute!
The characters are what make this drama really worth seeing.  The plot is cute too and it really is quite funny.  This is from the cross dressing and just the story in general.  Sano is a bit sour and angsty for me and I like the actor better in other things I've seen him in, but I got over it.  I would definitely recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment