Monday, February 14, 2011

Recipe: Artichoke, Spinach, and Quinoa Salad

Awhile back I bought both a can of artichoke hearts and some quinoa . . . but I didn't do anything with it.  The quinoa was mainly sitting because I had never made it before and didn't really know what to do.  So, today I read the box and went to work.  What I got was artichoke, spinach, and quinoa salad. 

You'll need - 1 cup quinoa, 1 can artichoke hearts (about 7 large hearts), 1 cup stock, 1 cup water, 1/4 cup vinegar of your choice (I used seasoned rice vinegar) and a couple of handfuls of spinach.

1. heat olive oil in pan.
2. add artichoke hearts and onion (dice the onion and half the hearts).  saute until onions are translucent.
3. add quinoa and toast for like a minute.
4. add 1 cup stock (I used beef).  season with garlic salt (or garlic and salt) and pepper.
5. put in a couple of handfuls of spinach and let wilt
6. wait for it to come to a boil, reduce heat cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa pops open and looks done (you may need to add more water)
7. uncover and cook a bit to dry it out a little
I'm afraid it doesn't look very delicious . . .
It turned out super delicious!  I will definitely make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment