Top 20 Comedies:
I don't love traditional and stupid comedies. I like silly, creepy, and interesting.
20. Evolution- very silly, but still pretty smart.
|Ya, the make 7up yours guy is in it!|
19. 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag- super weird, but still funny.
18. Kuffs- an 80s classic.
|I love Christian Slater|
17. Get Smart - I really liked it and I don't usually Steve Carell comedies.
16. The Matador - Odd but awesome.
|Kinnear and Brosnan are great together.|
15. Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day - adorably funny.
|The whole cast is great, but France McDormand is amazing.|
14. Enchanted - ridiculous spoof on Disney movie model.
|Be warned there is singing involved.|
13. Pirates of the Caribbean - swashbuckling fun.
|Oh, Jack Sparrow.|
12. My Left Eye Sees Ghosts - and odd concept, but so good.
|Worth the subtitles.|
11. Run Fat Boy Run - the man child has to grow up sometime.
|Simon Pegg is the best.|
10. Twins - funny and a ridiculous plot.
9. Galaxy Quest- a great star trek spoof. It probably helps to know some star trek.
|It is just all great.|
8. Kinky Boots - A great comedy with boots and cross-dressers.
|Save the boot shop.|
7. Harold and Maud - kind of morbid and awesome
|Harold may be trying to kill himself . . .|
6. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (new) - so creepy and hilarious. Better than the original, which I never really cared for. Creepy to me makes it more like the book.
5. Juno - hilarious teen pregnancy
|I'm pregnant what other shenanigans can I get into|
4. Dummy - awkward funny
|the actual dummy is creepy|
3. Shaun of the Dead - Zombies are funny, too.
|More Simon Pegg and this tie with Nick Frost!|
2. Harvey - funny invisible bunnies.
|Jimmy Stewart is awesome.|
1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - I quote it all the time . . . .
|I'm not dead yet|
Top 20 Dramas:
As a whole dramas are not my favorite, but sometimes they are great. There are different types here, but they all have heart.
20. As Good as It Gets - good drama is often also funny.
|Jack at his best.|
19. Suicide Kings - Kidnapping Christopher Walken is a bad idea.
|look at all that duct tape|
18. The Usual Suspects- a very complicated movie and pretty stressful. If you haven't seen it someone probably told you the ending already. Sorry.
|Now that's a great line up|
17. To Kill a Mocking Bird - A classic and a good version of the book.
|Everything about Gregory Peck is good|
16. Good Will Hunting - awesome despite or because of the Boston accents.
|The oscars are never wrong, right?|
15. Schindler's List - a brutal and uplifting Holocaust story.
|the black and white really sells it|
14. Sling Blade - a odd quite story about love . . . kind of.
13. Invincible - an inspiration sports movie.
|Just makes me feel good|
12. The Station Agent - a touching and odd story.
|Life is funny|
11. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington - another jimmy steward classic.
10. Little Miss Sunshine - quirky look at the importance of family.
|Every character is brilliant|
|Sometimes people give you what you expect from them|
8. Stranger than Fiction - quirky and existential and perfect
|Will Ferrell is actually delightful in this|
7. Stand by Me - a drama about growing up.
6. Heart and Souls - sometimes you have to die to learn how to love.
|I'm so happy he's having a come back!|
5. The Departed - I usually do do gangster movies. This is an exception.
4. Amilie - a true romdramedy. perfect.
3. The Shawshank Redemption - an unfortunate name, but fantastic.
|The leads have great chemistry together|
2. Conspiracy Theory - this movie really got broken people.
|Mel really is the best crier.|
1. Life is Beautiful- Perfect. That's all I can say. Perfectly beautiful and touching.
|I don't know if I've ever been so happy and sad at the same time before.|
Top 20 Westerns:
20. Dances With Wolves - kind of long, but a modern classic.
|Yes there are wolves in it.|
19. Once Upon A Time In the West - a fun one.
|It's legit Henry Fonda is in it.|
18. Young Guns- trendy and filled with cute 80s stars.
|Lou Diamond Phillips was always a favorite.|
17. Open Range - Kevin Cosner knows what he is doing.
|Look at all those guns, must be good.|
16. The Quick and the Dead - a bit quirky and good.
|Yes a lady with a gun in a western.|
15. Wyatt Earp - I love the story of Wyatt Earp and this one is very well done.
|Two guns means he is cooler than you.|
14. Unforgiven - dark western drama.
|Clint hides his gun.|
13. A Fist Full of Dollars - Spaghetti Westerns are a must (if you don't know what that means google it)
|now that's a hat|
12. Support Your Local Sheriff- Fun and ridiculous.
11. Maverick - funny and great.
|Look a lady made the cover!|
10. The Good the Bad and the Ugly - classic. mostly silent and violent. (great score too)
|I love Clint's squinty eyes.|
9. Seven Ways from Sundown - Hard to come by but worth it. One of Audie Murphy's darker movies.
|the poster does not help sell the movie . . .|
8. Quiggly Down Under - Australian western and its great!
|Now that is a gun . . . and a mustache!|
7. Two Mules for Sister Sara - another Clint classic.
|The nun is what makes it great.|
6. The Cowboys - A great movie about growing up.
|Still with the big gun.|
5. Magnificent 7 - Based on 7 Samurai with a bonus of Yule Brenner.
|Riding your horses side by side is a MUST.|
4. Silverado - Modern, silly and I love it.
|A variety of guns.|
3. The Sons of Katie Elder - funny plus you get Dean Martin!
|sometimes standing in a line works too.|
2. True Grit (new) - I want to read the book now as this is a way more awesome story then the original.
|Even with one eye he can shoot straightish|
1. Tombstone - May favorite telling of the Wyatt Earp story. Val Kilmer is the best Doc Holiday, my favorite old west guy.
|Walking abreast, guns, and fancy mustaches! See why is my favorite.|