Thursday, May 26, 2011

Crafty Tape Art

I have not had a craft blog in awhile.  Why?  I've been super busy and crafting takes time . . .  and imagination + creativity, which have been in short supply lately.  At least I have a short supply not already allocated to my dissertation work.  For my birthday last year (we are working toward my birthday this year) I got a awesome set of Japanese tape: Happytape!. I knew I wanted to do something more with them than just close boxes etc.  In the end, I decided to try some tape art.  I think the result is pretty good.
Tree and Wave
The wave is my favorite . . .
I didn't work with a pattern. I just picked some tapes and a general idea for a finished item . . . and started taping little pieces mostly at random.  I'm planing to make another wave (during the day) and another tree (at night) to go with these two.  They are the size of a standard album cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment