Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Art: Sculptures

Way back when I was in high school.  I was assigned a project to weld a found object sculpture - they were doing simple brazing in class . . .  but I had ideas.  Dad-bot builds machines and stuff, so we had a nice wire welder at home in the garage . . . that could actually make my vision.  My first metal dragon was born. 

No. 1
Since the first one the family has made many many sculptures.  Many are made through a combination of work from all of us.  Others are made by one person in particular. Dad-bot is crucial to all as he actually know things like the importance of structural integrity, while Mom-bot and I are more of a it looks prettier down a bit farther type.































You can see that we have quite the collection now.  It has almost caused accidents and people slam on the breaks in front of our house.  People often wander the yard taking pictures . . . sometimes even prom pictures or the like.  It can be odd - especially in the morning when you just want to sit in your PJs and have some coffee and people wander into the yard.  I just visit home now, so I deal with it less often.  It is useful if you need to explain where you live.  Everyone in the area could tell you have to get to the house. Hopefully more people realize that making stuff is fun.

1 comment:

  1. If you worship them, dear,
    that's idolatry; if you don't,
    why put'm on your lawn??
    You should have Jesus:
    ☆ AbstractVocabulary.blogspot.com ☆
    GBY

    ReplyDelete