|Random food ready to be used . . .|
I decided I'm make a dumpling experiment for lunch. The recipe could easily be made vegan or vegetarian, though I used fish sauce.
3/4 of a tub of soft tofu (you could use a whole tub or deep fry the extra 1/4 as Agedashi)
5 or so green onions
4 - 5 good sized Puccini mushrooms
pack or part of a pack of dumpling wrappers (I used 22)
2 tbs sesame oil (will be used separately)
1 tbs fish sauce (use soy sauce to be vegan or vegetarian)
1tbs red pepper paste
pinch salt and sugar
1. Drain the tofu really good by ringing it out in a paper towel. I know it sounds weird but its important. It should be crumbly when you up it in the bowl.
2. Add about 1 tbs sesame oil, 1tbs red pepper paste (less if you don't want it spicy) and 1tbs fish sauce (or soy sauce). Mix really well by hand.
|I used a spoon first and then used my hands after.|
3. Cut up the mushrooms and onions. Sprinkle with salt and sugar. Add 1tbs sesame oil (or enough to coat the veggies well).
|This step is important! Make sure its coated in oil!|
4. Mix it all together by hand!
|Everything all together|
|Put the filling in . . .|
|Seal it up . . . yes I'm using water from my Batman glass.|
|22 dumplings ready to be cooked!|
6. Heat some oil (any type) in a pan. When hot (at medium heat) put in some dumplings . . . make sure they aren't touching . . . sometimes they stick!
|Side one is cooking|
|Looking yummy after the flip!|
|Ninjas love dumplings!|